Light painting is a photographic technique usually performed at night or in a dark area where a photographer introduces different lighting elements during a single long exposure photograph. The duration of the exposure is typically around 5 minutes long but can range from a few seconds to several hours. Lighting elements can be introduced directly or indirectly using flashlights, light up toys, cell phones, or anything that emits light. The type of equipment required for light painting can include any camera that has the ability for longer shutter speeds. Most Light Painting photographers use a Digital SLR along with a tripod and remote shutter release to give them full flexibility with their light painting efforts.
Latest LP Blog Entries
- The LightPaintingTools.com Totally Almost Random Newsletter! #2
- The LightPaintingTools.com Totally Almost Random Newsletter!
- Additional Orb Tool Colors on the way!!
- New Product! – LED Light Writer Set!
- New Product! The RGB LED Light Wand!
- New Products Now Available!
- What is Light Painting?
- WELCOME Light Painters!